You are a social media master–Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat. You love to create beautiful and entertaining content that leaves people wanting more. You have fresh ideas regularly and don’t mind taking some risks to stay one step ahead of the rest. You love to create content from your own amazing pictures because you are an excellent photographer, if you do say so yourself. You have an eye for detail, just the right angle, and the perfect lighting. You have experience with action shots and feel comfortable approaching customers, performers, and staff for videos and pictures during events to use for marketing later on. You know what equipment works best for your own personal style!
You have a passion for knowledge and love to learn new things. Your creativity is not limited to the camera, but you are also able to weave wonders with words. Especially words without silly grammatical errors–you’re a stickler for the details. You can turn seemingly boring content into something people want to interact with!
While you are super creative and have tons of ideas, you are also open to feedback and learning the culture of the company you work for and strive to maintain the brand while helping to make it even better. You are willing to hear ideas from your co-workers and try them out or offer suggestions and feedback rather than doing everything on your own.
You especially love PLANTS and all things related to plants–being near them, taking pictures of them, learning all about them, and even writing about them. Being outside as much as possible is a huge bonus! You’re excellent with people–they genuinely like you and being around you. People say you are funny, and you agree. Your sense of humor is pretty fantastic.
You love For Garden’s Sake and eagerly want to be a part of the team. Your schedule is pretty flexible and you’re open to evenings and weekends from time to time to capture all the happenings, including event coverage. You are looking for part-time employment. You would describe yourself as a team player, as a person with integrity and honesty, and as someone who values a job well-done. Your day-to-day responsibilities and schedule will vary, and you are totally okay with that.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
- A genuine interest in For Garden’s Sake and all its divisions (ideally you have been following us for a while already)
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Proven track-record of successful social media for business (personal accounts may be considered)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and stay highly organized
- Outgoing and able to build relationships easily with FGS employees and community, customers, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to adapt
- Computer software savvy
- Google Workspace, Canva, WordPress, Wix, YouTube and photo-editing software experience
- Part-time (20-30 hours per week)
- Flexible hours
- Pay starts at $16, commensurate with experience
Please note, this is not a work-from-home position.