Landscape Project Manager
The Landscape Project Manager will set the pace for the Landscape Division by motivating their staff and making good business decisions throughout the day. The Landscape Division’s success relies on our crews’ ability to meet or beat their production goals each day. The Landscape Project Manager is in charge of managing our crews in the successful installation of beautiful, design-build landscape projects from start to finish. The Project Manager makes winning game plans and sticks with it until the job is done and our clients are amazed.
- Planning, planning, planning – think ahead, be prepared, start each day strong, follow through!
- Scheduling and managing multiple landscape crews from morning prep to end-of-day close-out.
- Job site planning and phasing to get the jobs done right and on-budget.
- Communicating daily & updating clients, contractors, designers, and staff as needed.
- Training crew members and maintaining safety & supervision of staff members and their equipment.
- Developing crew leaders and coaching them to be successful.
- Organizing all paperwork for daily payroll, attendance, material tracking and billing.
- Expedite job closeouts with immediate client walkthroughs and quality checks.
- Organizational and construction planning skills are a must – you must love to plan and know how to prioritize!
- Strong leadership & ambition, motivated by a desire to win as a team and build up others.
- Coachable and a good coach.
- Technical landscape knowledge to train for the tasks and plan the work flow of hardscape jobs.
- Clear and consistent communicator with a calm demeanor that makes others feel at ease.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, handling such tasks through relative delegation, or implementation
- Structure and discipline to follow processes, fill out paperwork and do things right.
- Responsible, dependable and trustworthy – represent FGS at all times.
- Direct, ready to ask questions, possess confidence & ability to stand up for yourself.
- Strategic, realizes how their actions contribute to the bottom line, strong business sense.
- Sense of urgency to get things done, realizing that time is money & folks want to go home.
- Problem solver, and ability to make quick decisions, as each day will present both challenges and rewards.
- Related degree or qualifying experience, minimum 2 years preferred.
- Strong plant knowledge
- Positive team-player
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, including Gmail, Docs and Sheets
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
- Must be able to report to work by 6:30am and remain flexible as to a completion time
- Must be able to lift/load up to 50 pounds
- Must have valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Licensing and Certifications relative to industry a plus