What is the warranty when FGS has installed my landscaping?
We offer a one year limited warranty for all woody plant material installed by FGS. ( We cannot offer a warranty on plants purchased at our garden center but not installed by FGS)
What is the difference between a woody plant, perennials and/or annuals?
In our warranty, FGS defines a woody plant that is either a shrub or tree having multiple permanent stems branching from or near the ground and/or trunk. Woody plants may be deciduous, meaning they shed their leaves for a season, or an evergreen, meaning they keep their leaves and/or canopy throughout all four seasons. Perennials are plants, once installed, may appear dormant for a season and return year after year. While still having a somewhat tender root system, they provide years of enjoyment and enhance gardenscapes. Annuals are plants with a life cycle that grow seasonally and must be replanted.
What is not included in the warranty?
- Perennials and annuals are excluded from this warranty as they are not a woody plant.
- Plants that have been transplanted are excluded from the warranty.
- Replacement of plants that die or have been affected by extreme weather conditions such as drought, prolonged low/high temperatures, early and late season frost, severe freezes, floods, damaging winds, etc. These are things out of our control and not the result of a plant quality issue. Therefore, we do not warranty.
- Replacement of plants that are damaged or die as a result of insect infestation or disease. If you should encounter these issues, we can apply controls for a reasonable fee.
- Replacement of plants that are injured or die as a result of improper cultural practices such as over or under watering/fertilizing or damage from chemical applications, etc.
- Due to shallow root systems and/or susceptibility to moisture and temperature extremes, we do not warranty plants in pots or planter boxes, annuals, groundcovers, and bulbs.
- Due to the delicate root structure of sod and seeding along with our inability to control weather conditions, watering and/or irrigation when installed, FGS does not warranty seed and sod installation.